Posted by : MW Thursday, August 19, 2010



Life Curriculum

Core


Catholic

  • I love being Catholic
  • I love my mom and dad for raising me Catholic
  • I love my mom and dad for their enforcing discipline, which I believe is the primary reason I am an obedient Catholic today.
  • The Catholic Church is my mother. I do my best to be obedient to Her as a child should to his mom
  • “I can be obedient, because it is my fundamental coniction that my intelligence is limited and the Church is wiser” –Joseph Ratzinger
Husband
  • I love being a husband
  • I have a covenant relationship with my wife
  • There is no person on earth I love more than my wife
  • I love sharing my Catholic faith with my wife
  • I have a goal to help my wife get to heaven
Father
  • I love being a father
  • God made me to be a father
  • Being a father, I understand why God created man
  • I love teaching my children
  • The best thing I can do for my children is love their mother

Electives

Golf
  • I love golf
  • I love to play golf
  • I love to watch golf, especially the Masters, US Open & Ryder Cup
Reading
  • I love reading about the Church’s dogmas, traditions, history, etc.
  • I enjoy Catholic conversion stories. e.g. Surprised by Truth books
  • I enjoy Catholic apologetics. e.g. The Catholic Answer and Envoy magazines
  • I keep up with conservative news. e.g. townhall.com and cnsnews.com
Sports Teams
  • I love the St. Louis Cardinals and UNC Tarheels basketball
  • I very much enjoy watching the Cards and Heels at my dad’s…his huge HDTV is a plus also
  • I was born in St. Louis. Hence, the love of the Cards
  • I moved to North Carolina at age 8. Hence, the love of the Heels
  • 1934 my dad was born and the Cardinals won the World Series, 1964 I was born and the Cardinals won the World Series, 2006 my first son was born and the Cardinals won the World Series. And in 2011, my daughter was born and the Cardinals won the World Series. How sweet is that!
Beer
  • Many people close to me will say this belongs in my core curriculum…and the first one to say so is my loving, beautiful, patient wife
  • I love Belgium beer. Now that NC has repealed its alcohol by volume limit, I have local access to all kinds of great Belgium high gravity beers.
  • I love most microbrews, especially ESB and IPA…the bitter the better

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Welcome to My Blog

Popular Post

Blogger templates

- Copyright © Silly Papist -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -